My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk

My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk
These goats really work. I use the milk for cheese and soap, and other things. I milk by hand and expect lots of good tasting milk and nice manners on the stanchion.

Friday, February 20, 2015

First Kids of 2015

Phoebe gave me twin bucklings. One jet black (so far) the other moonpots. Nice long ears but they will be wethered. Phoebe's udder is gorgeous and the teats are good sized and well-placed. She's easy to milk so far. Nice thick stream. She will be a family milker because she has a small flaw. Sad because she's gorgeous and sweet. I will enjoy her milk though, and not worry about showing her.
 




Phoebe's udder right before kidding.
I will post more pictures in a few days.
 
Lola and Fiona are both due and ready to go any time. Miss Kay is also due but not looking quite ready.
 

No comments: