My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk

My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk
These goats really work. I use the milk for cheese and soap, and other things. I milk by hand and expect lots of good tasting milk and nice manners on the stanchion.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Blood Draw Day

Today was the first sunny day we have had in too long. Glad we picked such a great day to spend drawing blood for CAE/CL testing and getting the last of the feet trimmed.
 
The majority of the girls are due the 3rd week this month- so soon! I am really excited!



Lola below always has triplets like her dam before her. I'm really hoping her daughters follow suit.
She has less than 2 weeks to go and looks about as big as usual toward the end.
 
Notice my little white alpaca in the background? He still hates me. :(
 



These girls don't want any more scratches or treats. Their jugulars have been poked and they are afraid it will happen again.
 

 
The goats that got tested were all the ones above 1 year old. Results will be in by the end of next week.

 Lola XN02189
Adelle XN03902
Stella XN03901
Phoebe XN03904...
Miss Kay XN03903
Miss Ruth XN03905
Snicklefritz XN02216
Fiona N1567249
Luci N1401872



No comments: