My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk

My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk
These goats really work. I use the milk for cheese and soap, and other things. I milk by hand and expect lots of good tasting milk and nice manners on the stanchion.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Bucks

I have decide to get another buck instead of a doe. I really need one more anyway. Handsome Rob is great, but I have some of his daughters here and nobody for them to breed with.
I have found 3, all good genetics, all the same price, and all pretty local. I have decided on one, but since I don't like to wait once my mind is made up, I may just chosse one of the others. I would like to get him home and settled in before the weather totally turns winter on us.
I put pictures of my Handsome Rob up on the sidebar. He's such a sweet boy, and has great genetics for show and milk, and I particularly like the milk *U*
I am looking for raw cheese recipes, so if anybody knows where I can get that information, I would be really grateful. I'm not having good success. I make cheese, but I'd really like to make more raw cheeses for my family.
Boy I miss having all the milk I could want...maybe next fall I'll be swimming in milk again.

No comments: