My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk

My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk
These goats really work. I use the milk for cheese and soap, and other things. I milk by hand and expect lots of good tasting milk and nice manners on the stanchion.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

2009 Just Around The Bend...



I only have three little girls right now, and it just isn'tright somehow...I know the other goats needed to be sold, and I needed to pare down this year, but I find myself already dreaming of breedings and babies. It's just one of my passions, these silly long-eared, floppy uddered girls. I adore my goats and their crazy personalities.


So...I am trying to decide on ONE local breeder to order my Christmas present from (am I the only one who gets goats for birthdays and Christmas?). I am thinking Debbie Patnode again, because I love her herd, but it's so much fun to shop around too!...SO, if you are a goat lady, leave me a comment with a link to a breeder not too far away so I can go look!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Nice blog. I wanted to stop by and say hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I know how hard it can be to cut back the herd, I have had to do that before and it is a real struggle to decide who to keep and who to sell and no you are not the only person that puts a goat at the top of their Christmas list!
:-)