My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk

My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk
These goats really work. I use the milk for cheese and soap, and other things. I milk by hand and expect lots of good tasting milk and nice manners on the stanchion.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tasha Tudor


One of my favorite coffee table books is The Private Life of Tasha Tudor. Tasha was a children's book author and illustrated them beautifully.

I love the photos in this book because she lived so peacefully and simply in her old age in a home her son built for her in Vermont, and the photographer communicated that so well. She was surrounded by her animals and lovely gardens and I very much relate to that aspect of her life being something she loved and chose.


 I knew I would name a goat after her this year and had already ordered the engraved name tag. Today I brought her home. She's a pretty little thing, and  related to some of my girls, sharing a mutual grand sire.
I love her chocolate color and white head with dark ears.


Welcome, Little Angels Farm Tasha Tudor.

Her sire:

She and her sisters. Triplet girls are always good!


I think she will settle in here nicely. I plan to breed her to Paradise Rhinestone Cowboy.


Her herd was tested for all the nasties and clean 😄



No comments: