My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk

My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk
These goats really work. I use the milk for cheese and soap, and other things. I milk by hand and expect lots of good tasting milk and nice manners on the stanchion.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Next Adventure: Alpacas

The drive home from Goldendale was interesting...for my son! ha ha!
 
I traded a nice buckling for two darling Alpacas and they are really adorable looking in my barn.I have no idea how to shear them. Or trim their feet. Or their teeth. Or castrate them, which wormer to use...and a dozen other things. But I enjoy learning new things and research is half the fun.
They will live with the goat herd. They're supposed to be good guardians right? Protection against coyotes, of which I have so many? Time will tell. I'll report on that later.
 
  When we got home the horses were curious to know why I had parked my big vehicle in their pasture, right in front of the barn door.
 I don't think the horses are impressed one bit with these two young alpacas. The goats are agreeing with the horses on this one.
My youngest son, however, is enjoying them.
The little white boy is soaking wet and muddy and matted which is sad. I saw a picture of him last week and he was fluffy and pretty.


The chocolate colored boy has dreamy eyes. I love his soft fleece. Hopefully I will learn to do something with it. I'm on the lookout for a mentor.
I haven't named them yet.


No comments: