My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk

My herd is small, clean, and closed. I raise these beautiful goats for milk
These goats really work. I use the milk for cheese and soap, and other things. I milk by hand and expect lots of good tasting milk and nice manners on the stanchion.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Central Washington Breeders!

This is from a local breeder I just recently met when I purchased a doeling from him and visited his farm:

ALL DAIRY GOAT BREEDERS IN OR NEAR CENTRAL WA -




I am attempting to revive Central Washington Dairy Goat Association (CWDGA). CWDGA folded several years ago due to lack of membership/particip ation. After talking with several breeding here in Central WA, I have concluded that there is significant desire and need for a local association to promote dairy goats and host activities and shows. This will be an all breeds (ADGA recognized) dairy goat club.



I have made contact with the former president of CWDGA and will be receiving the information that he has. I hope to have an initial meeting after the first of the year (probably late Jan/early Feb). Please respond with contact information. Name, address, phone, breed(s) and any other info you deem important.



We will set meeting place and activity locations depending upon member location. I live in Prosser, about halfway between Yakima and Tri-cities.



I will be looking for a lot of help with this project. We will need to elect a board and start gathering ideas for activities and shows.



I am very excited to start this club up again and hopefully we will have overwhelming support and activity.



Please pass this announcement along to any friends/breeders that may not be on the Dist7news group.



I look forward to the responses rolling in!



Thanks

Dan Greene

Greenehaven Nubians

Prosser, WA

www.greenehavenfarm s.com

509-781-0844

No comments: